Thursday, February 19, 2009

12 Days Later

After 12 days I finally got to run again. I didn't run the first part of last week because we had a trip planned to pismo beach and riding a 400 pound quad on the sand dunes is a really good workout and I was taking the week off and going to do a 5 mile run last sat in pismo. But the weather didn't cooperate and not only did we only get one day on the dunes but we had to come home early and in the process I got sick. Yesterday I finally felt better and almost went out to run then but decided to wait one more day. It felt so good to get out there and feel the pavement under my feet the sweat flowing and the heart rate climbing. I did 4 miles in 38:10:09 not bad considering the circumstances average HR was 171 which is kinda high I usually stay about 155-157 peak was 190 WOW still recovered fast though. My body really feels better after the run I was really sore in my hips and back from lying around for days and after about 1 mile things started to loosen up. I guess lying around really is bad for you... lol.
Have a great week.

No comments: