Saturday, October 25, 2008

That Was Harder Than I Thought...

1/2 Marathon that is Dennis and I set out this morning on our first attempt at a 1/2 marathon length run. It was nice and cool to start or should I say just plain old cold, I actually could see my breath at times. We kept a nice pace about 9:10 a mile to start I was feeling really good until about 10 miles and then my feet calf thighs butt I guess just all of my lower body was saying please stop and we kept going. Somewhere around 11 miles I got the most incredable head rush ever, that was kinda cool and we kept going at 12 miles Dennis asked me how I was doing and I said "we are going to make it, how you doing" well he was hurting in the stomache we pushed for another 1/2 mile and stopped to walk. That was a really weird feeling we walked for 1 minute and then tried to go again but after 100 yards or so knew it was walk out the rest. So we ran 12.5 miles in 2:05:10 but we finished all of the 1/2 marathon just walking and let me tell you the walk frickin hurt. I have never felt that stiff and sore after any of my runs but we walked it off and stretched really good had some breakfast and a hot shower and now I feel great. we both decided we need some kind of carb load before a long run like that. I think I will go to GNC and see what they have cause I don't want to fill my belly and try to run "BURP" ewwww but I know the carbs will see me through, I also know my body needs them because the breakfast I ate after the run did not make me feel all bloated and stuff and usually I can't even finish it.
P90X is going well I am on week 8 thats the second recovery week so new pictures soon. I am supposed to do Kempo today but I think I will stretch tooday and Kempo tomorrow, my legs will love me for it.
Didn't blog last week but we went to Lassen for fishing and brought home 17 nice rainbow tout. I caught the biggest trout I have ever caught almost as long as my arm. We also got some quad riding in and I think both of us needed to do that it was fun didn't get home till well after dark so it was a full day. Oh and the trou BBQed with cajun seasoning was really yummy.
Have a great week

1 comment:

Charity said...

Whoa whoa wait Cajun trout and I didn't get any, that is so not fair! Congrats on your run though!!!