Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sore, Sore, Sore

So did I mention that I am frickin sore??? 25 miles in the books this week that is more miles than I have logged any week since I started running and it is only going to increase from here. I really hope that after a couple of weeks the soreness subsides and I am sure that it will, but it is a deep down body sore so I know all the work I am putting in is making a difference. I am going to do the P90X stretching routine on my off day because I think that will really help with the soreness and also help prevent any injuries.
Dennis and I went on our long run today and let me tell you after 6 miles I really wanted to quit but I didn't. Then we hit 7 miles and boy did I want to quit but I didn't. Then we hit 8 miles and my legs said "enough!" and my reply was "SILENCE<,OR I WILL KILL YOU!!!!" (ever seen Jeff Dunham?) and I didn't quit. At 9 miles I should have been done but our stupid little bike path is a round trip of 9.2 miles, so we sped up and started a hard push to the end so hard in fact that I lost my MP3 player about 50 feet from the end, fortunately it wasn't hurt. Overall the time wasn't our best but the effort I had to exert to make it was I feel my hardest yet. Like I said earlier more miles in the books this week than ever before. Oh and did I mention that I am sore? I was sore before I started my run this morning. Breakfast at the bear was my reward Yummmmmmmmmmmm hickory smoked ham and eggs. The fitness tracker says I burned more than 4,000 calories this week woohoo.

1 comment:

hambone flippy said...

you are amazing...that's right I said it!