Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What A Year

WOW when I look back at the year it has really flown by. I am alot different now then I was this time last year and I am not just talking about my weight loss. I have different habits. I can run farther than I ever thought I would be able to. My relationship with Christ is stronger than ever before, life is good.

Thats not to say that there haven't been challenges along the way and pain (like when I tried to remove a bunch of skin when I wrecked my quad...ouch) or like the pain I had when I started running oh and I finished a round of P90X. I think the thing for me is that I have stuck it out, pushed through the hard times and not dwelled on them. I also have the bestest wife in the world who helps me to walk through lifes good and bad times. I know when things are tough she will be there and that reallly means alot to me.

I have also developed a great friendship with my running riding and gaming partner Dennis. God knew that I was going to need a friend when Bill and Charity moved and he provided one for me. So that scripture that says he will give us the desires of our hearts, it doesn't refer to what we think we want but what we truly need in our lives.

My work on the other hand provided the desire I didn't really need. I got a nice bonus check just before Christmas and I have wanted a PS3 for along time now, aaaaaaaaa yup I got one and a couple games too.

I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP I'M A TOY-R-US KID

2008 was a fun year and I am looking forward to the adventures of 2009, gonna go snowboarding for the first time, run an official 1/2 marathon, gonna do a relay triathlon with my cousin, at least one more round of P90X and who knows might even get a marathon in all I know is 2009 is a year I am going to challenge myself.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Wow...just a little tear. And I know you will do all you set out to do! Love you, and Happy New Year Dad!