Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 1

Wow it sure has been a long time since I have posted here. Quick recap, after that 21 mile run I slipped and slipped bad, I let my training for the marathon just be slow, low miles never did a real long run again soooooo the day of the marathon I was not prepared. I completed the whole thing but did not run the whole thing and after that I hurt so bad and life started happening I found myself not running at all.

Fast forward to april of 11, back to running good and bam plantar fasciitis, ouch that put me on the shelf for quite some time. Got going again but quite simply had no motivation and would find all kinds of reasons to skip runs.

Fast forward again to June of 12, working hard at insanity and doing good, had to take 2 weeks off because of some extensive dental work and when I restarted Insanity I pushed way to hard and managed to get tendinitis in my right knee. I have been getting back to working out and then have the knee flare up ever since.

Now we are at the present Jan 6th 2013, I have taken 2 months off and done nothing and my reflection in the mirror and the numbers on the scale show it. The knee is good, so here is the plan. 180 days of 10 minute trainer, P90X and running.

First I will start with running 3 days a week and 1 10 minute workout on non running days for 1 month. Then it will be running 3 days a week and 2 10 minute trainers on non running days for 1 month. Then it will be running 3 days a week and 3 10 minute trainers on non running days for 1 month.

The next 3 months it picks up running 3 days a week and P90X for 90 days.

So this is day 1 weighed in at 220#, I did 2 miles today no walks averaged a little over 11:30/mile not bad and feel good. Will weigh in on Fridays and push daily but not so hard that I flare up that knee

No comments: