Saturday, September 27, 2008

9 Down 4 To Go

actually it was 9.2 miles today in 1 hour 26 minutes and 52 seconds. My legs felt like rubber by the time we got done but we did manage to push pretty hard for the last 1/4 mile. The bike path we ran on was nice 4.6 miles out and the same back through orchards and farm land, the only problem with it is its an old railroad route so it is straight as an arrow. That means you can see your halfway and finish points from about a mile out and that can be a long mile let me tell you. Next week will only be a 30 minute run cause we are going fishing and quad riding and no not the cardio fishing. We are going up to Lassen cause there is some great riding up there too and then the weekend after that is the Alzheimer's walk but we are going to run it. It is a 1 mile track so I think I will convince Dennis we need to go around 9 times. After that we are going to start adding a mile a week until we have our half marathon in. Then probably slow down a bit and keep it at the half for a couple of months before we increase. We have talked about it and see no reason to stop at half might as well go for the full marathon. So it looks like when I am 47 I will run my first marathon length run WOOHOO.

P90X is going really well I started week 4 on Thursday and am still making increases in my reps. Phase 2 starts on next Thursday so there will be some different workouts like the one I did last night called Core Synergistics, man it just keeps intensifying, but I like it. My weight hasn't dropped yet but my pants are looser so I am losing inches and thats what its about right now, tone it up.

No comments: