Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fishing for Cardio??

Hop skip and a jump to get there
Rock climbing anyone
Small spaces

After our half hour run yesterday Dennis and I headed off to Feather River Canyon for some trout fishing, sounds easy enough. Well first we had a half hour walk down a PG&E road to the river which is about 2500 feet below the highway and really steep oh yeah and dirt and rocky. Now the hard part is done right? NUH UH if you want to fish in the good holes you have to climb hop skip and jump over rocks and boulders and I do mean boulders some like 8 foot tall and all this done with a 20 pound pack on our backs. I did bring home 2 nice brown trout caught a whole buch of small ones that I sent back to grow up and one the was legal but on the small side that I sent back. Poor Dennis had a really big one out of the water and it wiggled free but at least I saw it so I guess he sort of caught it. After we were done fishing guess what, well remember that steep road we walked in on yep had to walk out man was it hard but at least the packs were lighter as I had drank most of my water all in all from the time we left the truck to the time we got back to it we were out for 8 hours and if that wasn't enough when I got home I did the P90X arms, shoulders and ab ripper x oh yeah.

Decided to back my running off to 3 days a week again as I am doing P90X and running 5 days a week along with that was just to much to keep up with and I think I was pushing to much so for at least the first month I will just keep it at 3 days.
Week 2 of P90X and I already see a difference in the reps I can do, that is really encouraging and so far I have stuck with it to the letter. The diet part is hard but I have stayed with only one portion of carbs a day man that is hard but its only for one month.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Wow great pics! Looked like fun!